EMG 81 & 89

Could someone who has either please give me a measurment on the height of the pickup from the bottom of the mounting tabs to the top of the pickup please?

I have looked on EMG's site but they only show the outer dimensions and don't get a height.

I don't have my pickups yet as they are on a backorder and won't be here for a bit so I want to get the pickup pockets routed and everything else done on the guitar that I am currently building. I would like to hard mount the pickups so the depth of the cut is a bit more critical than that of a "suspended" pickup.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I measured 2.3mm (~7/8") from the bottom of the mounting tabs to the top of the pickup. I have an 81 and 85 made recently - they both measure 2.3mm. Any ideas on why mine are not the same height as the ones Wes measured? Did they change them recently?

I measured 2.3mm (~7/8") from the bottom of the mounting tabs to the top of the pickup. I have an 81 and 85 made recently - they both measure 2.3mm. Any ideas on why mine are not the same height as the ones Wes measured? Did they change them recently?

i measured a 707...it is what i had laying handy...i assumed they were the same

now that i check an 81...i see that it is 7/8",like you said...sorry

Thanks again. 3/4" to 7/8" isn't bad. Now had it been the other way around, well, I would have shimmed and nobody would have known the difference.

Thanks for measuring for me guys, I appreciate the help and will post pics of the new guitar as soon as I can get them developed. Almost finishing time! I am getting stoked and have to force myself to chill and not try to "hurry" and get it done. Slow and steady all the way through, get it done right the first time, and make the mistakes while playing it. :D

I know there are a few things that will change on the next one I build and there are things that I could have done easier with the proper tools. Limited budget, (3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a now wrecked car) dictates that we buy tools when we can. We improvise when we can't.

This is a simple strat guys, so don't hold your expectations of me too high as of yet.