Out of curiosity...

I have no idea for me, but I could have sworn someone on a tutorial here or elsewhere said they can do a neck profile (don't think that included fingerboard and fretting, and definitely not finishing) in 45 minutes. That'd be nice. :D

I've got it down to about 2 hours to machine the wood, cut the truss rod, and glue the fingerboard on. Then, about another 2 hours to bandsaw to shape, flush trim and shape the back using spokeshaves and rasps. Then, about 1 hour for final sanding, fretting, putting in the side dots and fingerboard dots. So, 5 hours total, then finishing time, maybe 3 horus spread over a couple of weeks. That includes spraying, sanding, and final polishing.

Then, about 1 hour for the final fret job and buff and polish the frets, and 1 hour for the nut. I'm really slow when it comes to making nuts, as I hate to have to start from scratch. Soooo, about 10 hours total.

id say the most tedious and boring and yet the most important is everything to do with the fretboard, besides picking out the wood, the marking the slotting the fretting, and leveling then dressingthe frets all seems like it takes for ever and is very boring, id say the most boring part of the entire guitar building procces, so if you sit down and try to do each step in one sitting then you would drastically cut down on the time spent, for instance it took me about a week to finish redressing my frets after i leveled them because it was so tedious and i couldnt do it for more than 40 minutes and the same with fretting, but surprisingly for me shaping the neck was the fun part, though i did run through an enormous amount of sand paper.

I shapped the back of my neck with a fixed belt sander and band saw, my neck is pretty thick too, which is a good and bad thing at same time, good cuz it fits my hand pretty good, back cuz it makes it neck heavy

Curtis