About guitar kits

Hi!

I was planning to get an electric guitar kit; but I don't know which one to buy.

Which do you think is better the saga kits or the kits fron Torres engeneering

(or any other kit you know) and why? Which quality choud I expect from it?

I think that it's interesting the option of seymour duncan pickups in the torres kit, but if I could get a kit without picks and buy them myself.

Also, I would like to get some advice in how to finish the kit.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Spain

The Saga kits are okay for getting your feet wet and getting into building a guitar. Most all of the hard work is done for you already. You really just need to add the finish and put the kit together (unless you go mental with it like I did).

I would expect a Carvin kit to be really good too just based on how good the Carvin neck I have is. I just don't like Carvin for some reason. Their bodies are too bubbly looking or something. It vexes me. :D

Thanks for the responses

the torres kits: www.torresengeneering.com The PRS kit they have is the saga one. NOw I'm not sure about the strat and tele kits, since they are cheaper than the ones at universal jems

Do you know how many pieces of wood the bodys in the kits have?

Thanks again

Torres doesn't ship to Spain, so I think that the decision is pretty taken...100$ the saga kits, 350$ the carvin kit....with 250 dollars i can get some cool pickups for the saga kit, not to mention the more classical strato or tele(that's a decision yet to be taken) body shape...How good is the wood on the saga kit's bodys?

This is going to be the firt guitar I build, and I decided that i want a tele. So, provided that the body and neck are ot too bad quality, if I can finish the project succesfully i will change the pickups, and the machine heads. If carvin just had classic strato or tele models...

i dont know i havent built a saga one, i have seen the saga kit for a strat at £130 and the brandoni strat starting at £170 or £180 its not alot more.

Mike

Brandoni also offer a good custom parts strat.. ie pickups etc...

What ever you do at this point stay away from the LC-10 (LP style kits). I've purchased 7 of them and returned 6 at this point and gave the 7th one away to a close friend in trade. Still waiting on them to get the new run in cause the initial run wasn't even close to being what it is suppose to be. Bad Truss rods and wrong body materials under the less then stellar veneer.

On the ST and TC kits definately replace the tuners first and if your starting out with a HC kit you can relax and start to think about changing out the electronics which a lot of people do on all of those models eventually but it isn't necessary starting out.

I just got a response from the people in Brandoni. The body is Alder (vs Basswood in the saga ones) and the pickups are their own brnadoni pickups...It appears to be much better quality, and the shipping to Spain is cheaper. However, overall is still more expensive; but i think I'm gonna get the Brandoni one