Applying a material finish to a guitar?

I think the canvas would work, its just liek any other material...But what kind of adhesive would you use?

I want to cover my guitar in newspaper clippings, i dunno whether to strip?sand? the paint of my body or just paste the clippings over top? if anyone has insight on that or what kind of glue or paste to use that'd be helpful too...

I think the canvas would work, its just liek any other material...But what kind of adhesive would you use?

I want to cover my guitar in newspaper clippings, i dunno whether to strip?sand? the paint of my body or just paste the clippings over top? if anyone has insight on that or what kind of glue or paste to use that'd be helpful too...

for newspaper just make a nice little cocktail of two parts elmers glue and one part water.. mix very well adn paint it onlike paper mache. then when it drys applya clear coat on it.

You might want to test some scraps for the canvas project though. I'm not sure where you can get it, probably a home depot or a craft shop.

yah i was planning on getting a scrap piece of wood and some scrap canvas and trying some stuff out on it. the input jack and screw holes are what's making me nervous right now. and whether or not the paint will react with the filler i'd need to put over the top of the canvas.

oh well guess i'll just have to test some stuff out and see how it goes.