stealth chuck shuldiner

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming it's for playing metal, many metal guitarists like basswood or alder.

I've always enjoyed metal shapes done in natural wood... kind of a strange juxtaposition.

Keep in mind, body wood plays a role but not as big a role as pickups, hardware, etc. Throw some EMG's and an OFR, a fast neck, and even if plywood doesn't sound as great, it's not a HUGE deal.

Alder and basswood are both relatively cheap. Go with one of those.

hello

I use red cedar, marupá and mahogany (mogno) for the bodies, but I think that these woods are not avaible in the north hemisphere.

Here whe have other species of woods to work with, for example, as maple are very hard to find here, the guitar necks here in Brazil are made of Pau-Marfim (Ivory Wood) or Mahogany.

Hellium

well he has been waiting for 6 days...i think at this point it is common to be impatient for reference material such as a blue print

patience comes with time

True, Wes...

But he's posted this same thing 5 times since the 3rd of June (5 days), which was the date that helliumbrz said he would try and scan them, and in between asking over and over where the plans were, he posted a message about the plans for the Warlock that helliumbrz did get up: "the warlock plan is very bad quality and impossible to read." Helliumbrz probably said to himself "if that's what he thinks about my trying to help him, then to heck with doing anything esle for him."

I, too, am waiting for the Stealth plans, but helliumbrz is doing it 1) for FREE and 2)on his own time. I will probably get flamed (not by you, Wes) for mentioning the lack of patience, but I can't be the only one that can see that with this inpatience being shown, all that's going to be achieved from this build is a good piece of wood will be butchered. I hope I'm wrong, but.......

well he has been waiting for 6 days...i think at this point it is common to be impatient for reference material such as a blue print

patience comes with time

True, Wes...

But he's posted this same thing 5 times since the 3rd of June (5 days), which was the date that helliumbrz said he would try and scan them, and in between asking over and over where the plans were, he posted a message about the plans for the Warlock that helliumbrz did get up: "the warlock plan is very bad quality and impossible to read." Helliumbrz probably said to himself "if that's what he thinks about my trying to help him, then to heck with doing anything esle for him."

I, too, am waiting for the Stealth plans, but helliumbrz is doing it 1) for FREE and 2)on his own time. I will probably get flamed (not by you, Wes) for mentioning the lack of patience, but I can't be the only one that can see that with this inpatience being shown, all that's going to be achieved from this build is a good piece of wood will be butchered. I hope I'm wrong, but.......

i think you may be right...but we don't really know him.to be honest the whole asking for plans thing is not met with much enthusiasm on this board.i feel(as do others) that designing your own guitar is much more to be desired,and that you can "fill in the blanks" so to speak with specific questions about specific measurements that you can't find anywhere else

i get alot of measurements from the ibanez website...i mean really there are some measurements that are close to universal

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Sorry for my late answer. The plan for the BC Rich Stealth are in my website, the url is:

http://helliumguitars.vilabol.uol.com.br/

and the direct link is:

http://helliumguitars.vilabol.uol.com.br/stealth.jpg

As I said before, I don´t know if the plans are accurate, I just scan it from an old japanese magazine.

I hope you like it.

This is probably not important to you guys but I'VE never used computer printouts and CAD Programs to duplicate guitars exactly since to ME it's about creating a guitar that's unique to me. When I did copy a body type, I used the Old School "Tracer Projector" from the Art Shop and some butcher paper taped to the wall and traced the design on that and cut it out and drew it on the wood. I'd adjust the tracing with a neck to get the approximate size right.