Should I Wire The Electronics

ODavidIsCoolO

I have to agree with the above. there are any number of books specifically on guitar electronics, sit down with one of those and you should have enough of an understanding to dive in. Its not hard at all, you just need to keep track of where everything is going and make good clean solder joints. Practice makes perfect.

George

Of all the things you can do to modify your guitar, changing the electronics is one of the easiest to do on your own. I suck, and had some pretty crappy soldering, but the end result was still plenty usable; and though I'm still I'm not happy with it, I know I can always go back and give it a second shot.

There are ways to make it easier on yourself. For instance, EMG pickups come pretty much prewired. Also, if you make a template of your control configuration, you can wire it up there, drop it into to cavity, and just have to clean up a few loose ends in the cavity itself.

But DEFINITELY do it yourself. Guitarelectronics.com has every possible wiring configuration you could possibly dream of. Good luck! :D

if you have the means and decide to go with a complex wiring then it is best to have all main points come to a board wire off of that. this will help you greatly in the long run, but if its a simple wiring job then point to point is best.