Fretwire!

Beno

I don't want to beat this one down too much but I'd agree that you should buy more than you need for the job. When I install frets, I use a magnifying glass to look for dents, gouges, slices, .... in the fret wire. I know I can probably sand them out during levelling and crowning but if I get lucky and not much levelling is needed - it would be a real shame to have to sand just because I installed a damaged piece. On average - for a 2 ft piece, I usually throw out 1 or two potential frets. Sometimes it's because they are damaged, sometimes it's because they were end pieces and didn't get radiused quite right.

Anyway, I'm in favor of spening a few bucks (or whatever it is) for another piece of wire ot two for this reason.

Before the lawsuits start coming in, yes it was just a joke... I can just picture some ugly emails like this,....

You big jerk, what was you thinking about recommending razor blades when they don't work and get this, it might seriously injure people who play them. I don't actually understand why, but it's bad advice anyway. I'm just now healing real good after having stitches in every finger tip after trying to play my new guitar with the new alternative fretting material you suggested.  Plus, all my strings broke when I made a G bar chord... I'm suing you for a set of Elixir strings(which aren't cheap might I add) and all my hospital bills with pain and suffering thrown in also.  It's crazy people like you that keeps Rhoads busy posting the "Warning: Bad Advice" banner all over this forum...  Later loser...

Bad advice or bad joke.. either way it's not nice...

:D