no hand plane for me, somethin better

Curtis P

My wood working neighbour got a 4 inch jointer for free, works and everything, and he said that since he has his 6 inch jointer he dont need it, so he is giving the 4 inch one to me, i can either give him 100 bucks or do some yardwork for him, i might do bit of both since its good machine,

I dont get it to the earliest of this weekend cuz its at his other shop (about hour away from my house) cuz he is still moving in (he just moved to my neighbourhood)

Curtis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the market for a good electric hand plane.

If anyone has any experience of a good one let me know cause I just messed up work on my first neck because my da bought a cheap £10 electric plane which turns out was off the square!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Of course me being stupid didn't realise that it was the plane was off the square..i just put it down to bad use of a plane but I started to get suspisious after I removed too much wood B)

A well lesson learned. Never Ever buy cheap electric tools

I'm sooo jealous now.. all I hear about in this forum is people getting brilliant tools for little or nothin....tell us your secret pleeeaasse?

Good luck with the jointer

A well lesson learned. Never Ever buy cheap electric tools

I'm sooo jealous now.. all I hear about in this forum is people getting brilliant tools for little or nothin....tell us your secret pleeeaasse?

More like don't buy cheap tools at all. You end up spending more money in the long run to replace them than you would have spent just buying a good tool in the first place. If you have the budget for better, buying crappy equipment just isn't a good idea.

How to get tools for nothing? Have friends, relatives, or relatives of friends that die a lot. That seems to be the easiest way. :D

• 2 weeks later...