My new plans - Whatcha' think?

It's not exactly my cup of tea, but as far as the originality content, I think you did SUPERB!

Only thing I notice is it'll be hard (or it looks like it will be) to reach the upper frets with the upper bout shape, but maybe it won't work out that way and it'll be fine.

And I'd move the lever switch a bit further away from the knobbers...

I think the whole thing looks absolutely A-1.

Really great idea, build it!

:DB):D

Much better!!! The only thing that needs to be looked at (I know...... you said it was a rough sketch! B) ) is the tuner for the D string looks like it will pull the string along the post for the A string. Move it in towards the center just a tad, and that should solve it! I know you're going for the "swept, sleek" look, but parcticality and functionality must rule.

A+ job on the draw. :D

I think it's great!

As for upper fret access-- the Godin LG has a much more 'difficult' upper bout than that design, and I'm fine all the way to the 22nd fret. When I'm way up there on the neck, my thumb isn't usually hooked over the top of the neck anyhow.

Greg

Will you make it non tremolo like in the desing? I like them better than tremolo bridges and it will suit the desing very well. Perfect, I'd really like to have a guitar like that. Maybe I'll buy a Godin but your's is a little bit nicer than Godins.

a body like that deserves a nice top! quilted, flamed, whatever your hearts desired, I just think the shape is very Classy looking. Also I think that would look sweet as a string thru body. However what you have now is superb!

Somehow I can picture that body in a deep blue metal flake with pearloid accent binding/pickguard,etc.

The heastock is AMAZINGLY better. The only thing I would change is to make the bass side point on the end even larger, and make the bottom point a better match to the body's lower horn. A massive improvement on the old 'stock, though!

Thanks for the replies!

First of all, the knob placement is just roughly sketched, not the actual placement as I havn't decided on what type of controls other than the five way switch I'm gonna' use. I will probably leave it with 1 volume and one tone though.

Second, the head is just a very quick sketch I did. The tuner placement is not even close to correct. I tried making the bottom point match the bottom horn of the body, but just couldn't get it to look right. It kept looking like some wierd kinda' bottle opener or something. :D I am still working on that design, but will most likely go with something very close to this one.

Third, these plans were done the old fashioned way. Pencil and paper. I prefer drawing them by hand as to using a computer for some strange reason. That's odd though since I am a computer technician by day. I guess it just ties in with my other passion... Art.

Fourth, I guess I could give more details as to what I am using on this guitar. I already have the body cut out of solid 1 3/4" thick Ash (northern, not that crappy light stuff B) ) and capped it with some lightly quilted bookmatched maple that's about 1/4" thick (no carve on this one, I thought it would look better flat). I have completly chambered out the ash and placed a mahogany block in the middle (so it can't be seen from the outside) under the pickups and bridge area to add a little warmth to the tone. I put a tummy cut on the back of the body, ala Fender. I said in the first post that I am finishing it with blue dye, but I will actually keep the finish a secret. Sorry :D I am using the white pearloid binding and a white pearloid 5 ply les paul style pickguard mounted flat on the body. I said in the first post that I was using a h/s/s pickup configuration. I am using the Hipshot hardtail bridge with string thru body. Man I love those bridges :D This guitar is 25.5" scale cause I am a Fender kinda' guy. The maple neck has 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, and I will be using the StewMac vintage style tuners with locking string posts (#1954 in the catalog) cause, Man, I love those little oval buttons B) . It is a bolt on neck with ferrules. After working at the Gibson factory for several years, I will never build a set neck again. After all the repairs and neck sets and just having the necks pop off of those crap assed SGs, I can't stand em'. I never once saw Stevie Ray, Kurt Cobain, Hendrix or the coutless other Fender players break a neck at the neck joint. I ain't sayin' it ain't possible or never happened, just never seen it happen. Anyway, back to the point. All the hardware is chrome, the pickups are custom wound by me, and the knobs are probably gonna be Gibson top hats, cause I like em'. I'm building this guitar for me, which is funny, as this is the first guitar I've built for myself to keep. Damn paying customers B) I am also in the works on a guitar for George McConnell of Widespread Panic which is pretty sweet, but that's another story. Man, it's gonna be cool to have my design and hard work being played in front of fans at sold out stadiums. :DB)B)