pickup question

Curtis P

Hey Hey

I am building another guitar this summer and wanted to go 7 string, do i need special pickups? and bridge shouldnt be too bad i can get a deal, but can i use regular pickups? or do they not have enough poles?

Curtis

Hey Hey

I am building another guitar this summer and wanted to go 7 string, do i need special pickups? and bridge shouldnt be too bad i can get a deal, but can i use regular pickups? or do they not have enough poles?

Curtis

you need seven string pickups...the neck and bridge are also wider,making the string path wider,

If you're interested in some cheapo humbuckers, i've got the stock pair off my Dean Evo Special 7 that i can sell ya, really cheap. They're pretty decent sounding pickups, actually, but they just get a bit microphonic at high volumes.

I may have some other hardware to sell you soon, too... i'm likely replacing the tune-o-matic bridge with a TonePros model, and may swap out the tuners for a set of locking Grovers.

Let me know if you're interested.