Tuner sellection

Grovers.

If you have the cash, locking tuners are still cool to have on a non-trem guitar if for no other reason than quick string changes and fewer 'wraps' to stretch out.

Greg

I've got guitars that have Sperzels, Schallers, Gotohs and Grovers, and they're all good. I'd have to say i like the Grovers the least... they just feel very chunky and heavy. But they're all great tuners in that they're smooth and don't slip. I'd have to add that i also really like locking tuners even on non-trem guitars, for the exact reasons stated above... fewer winds to stretch and/or slip, and faster string changes.

Speaking of tuners, does anybody know of anywhere that sells single tuners? I'm thinking of replacing the mini Grovers on my Dean with the locking variety, and i'd have to buy two sets to get the seventh tuner i need.

I've got guitars that have Sperzels, Schallers, Gotohs and Grovers, and they're all good. I'd have to say i like the Grovers the least... they just feel very chunky and heavy. But they're all great tuners in that they're smooth and don't slip. I'd have to add that i also really like locking tuners even on non-trem guitars, for the exact reasons stated above... fewer winds to stretch and/or slip, and faster string changes.

Speaking of tuners, does anybody know of anywhere that sells single tuners? I'm thinking of replacing the mini Grovers on my Dean with the locking variety, and i'd have to buy two sets to get the seventh tuner i need.

stewmac

does anyone know who makes the lightest tuners? can we all weight the sets we have (measure all 6 at once) and we can compare, when i slapted the gotoh's on, i found my ultra light neck wasn't so light anymore

i have some Gotohs on my cheap Ibanez, they work well enough plus they are pretty good quality and don't cost too much. my friend has some Schaller locking tuners on his cheap Ibanez and the quality of them are exceptional, they are really nice to use, thing is they are pretty exy. so i might purchase some Sperzel locking for my next guitar.

If the holes for bushings in your Dean are OK, I'd go with Schaller Mini Locking Tuners from www.warmoth.com

So far I've got 2 sets of them, black and gold, and the quality is top notch!

If the holes for bushings in your Dean are OK, I'd go with Schaller Mini Locking Tuners from www.warmoth.com

So far I've got 2 sets of them, black and gold, and the quality is top notch!

The reason i want to go for the Grovers in this particular situation is i want a direct retrofit for the existing tuners without having to drill any new holes in my headstock. If the stabilizing screw on the Schallers is in a different location, i'd have to fill and re-drill those holes, something i'd rather not do.

But thank you very much for the tip! I knew i had seen somewhere that had tuners available individually, and i do like Schallers very much. I'll have to keep Warmoth in mind as a source for tuners for future extended-range guitar projects.