My first project ever!

The dimarzio Evolutions are also pretty damn hot, and i personally love dimarzio. Wiring a tone knob is incredbly easy, its just a .10 or .22 or somewhere around that size cap soldered onto a 500k pot, with a wire from the volume. heres a diagram for Dimarzio pickups that i usedPickupwiring.JPG

Wiring up any set of pickups with a simple pup selector, volume control and tone control isn't that difficult. On top of that it would be good to learn that stuff if you are planning on building or customizing guitars. It doesn't take much research. Look at some wiring diagrams(posted everywhere on the net), analyze them and use them and eventually you'll be comfortable with it. Tone controls are almost useless unless you are playing jazz or you need knobs to mess with when your playing a gig. The hardest part is learning how to solder. You can do it!

Soldering will be the easy part. Wiring everything is the hard part. Also I was looking around for coated covering wire, i heard that helps with noise and hum if you get better wires.

I have a quick question.

What do you people usually do after your done with a guitar. Play, show, sell?

Thanks for the help everyone. Does any one know what Tom Morello uses in his guitar the black fender that has soul power written on it?

Hope this isn't too late but if you're still interested, Morello uses a Seymour Duncan Hotrails pickup in the bridge position while the other 2 are stock Fender noiseless pickups.. The Hotrails is a humbucker in single coil size..

And guitar wiring's simpler than it seems.. Really!! :D