First Timer

Hi, I am Edd, I have been lurking for a while and i have been Heavily interested in making my own guitar. I found a UK based places that sells what i need.

Mahogany Body Blank, AAAA Flame Maple Top, Maple Neck laminate, and a Ebony fretboard.

I was wondering, how hard is it to make a Neck-Thru guitar than a bolt on, i am not to fond of bolt ons.

Also when I am making it would i conect it to the Mahogany Body then put the maple flame top over it?

Cheers, If you don't mind i will be asking a few more questions whe i am desperate of advise (i.e cannot find in search)

Also is there anywere that sells ready made neck thru necks in the UK? For my first time making a neck seems hard.

-Edd :D

Making a bolt-on has it's challenges, making a neck-thru has a totally different set challenges...

You attach the mahogany wings to the neck first, and then you put on the maple cap.

The challenge there is that all of a sudden you have more than just the regular centerline to worry about. You now also have to worry about the fit of the cap around the base of the neck/fingerboard.

Good luck!

Man the binding bloody rules on your Geetar.

Well i am thinking of buying a Carvin neck thru neck becasue i have no experience and ill ditch the top. Mainly becasue it might not fit with the carvin neck.

SO thanks for the advise, ill keeo you all posted when i start up. My first purchase will be "How ot make oyur own Electric Guitar", and combine that information with the helpful folks on here :D

Cheers guys, Ill try get something up this month.

Im starting mine tomrow! :D

I have some original plans now, and i Just need to draw them out full size tonight, then Im cutting the body tomrow.

P.S. Wes, if i draw up good plans with measurments and deitales and stuff, and submit it could i be an advance supporter or would it take more than that?

P.S. Wes, if i draw up good plans with measurments and deitales and stuff, and submit it could i be an advance supporter or would it take more than that?

that is not my department but i think it has been done in the past

brian is the man you need to talk to...p.m. him and he will respond