head stock design advise

next phase of my current design is deciding on a head stock.

The two in consideration are a reverse parker or a version of nuno signature (reverse strat).

Does the parker style lose anything being very minimal?

Is that style prone to damage?

Help as always appreciated guys

Cheers

Phil

One thing about the parker is it is difficult to hang the guitar by it. I know some people use the floor stands but I use hangers and wouldn't want something that I'd have to hang sideways (this is what I have seen other parker owners do) if I had the choice.

I like reverse headstocks. Reverse hockey stick is my favorite but it needs to go with the guitar's personality.

I dunno much, but I can wager a guess at least:

The fly headstock has that carbon fibre laminate crap on its underside, lending it some serious structural support. Plain old wood would not likely be a safe bet, though someone more experienced can refute or confirm this.

A reverse Nuno would be cool, depending on what the rest of the guitar will be! I have to admit, I'm a big fan of 3+3 or 4+2, but that's just me.

What about the Nuno shape, reversed as a 2+4? :DB)

Anyhow, with a name like "Headless Phil", I get the feeling you're the man I should talk to when I get around to doing my Steinberger-type project.

Greg

body style will be an evolution of my original custom which is a kind of cross between a status bass & a strat - hence named stratus. (& yes you guessed it is headless ;-)

I did this 14 years ago & have played it ever since but I have the bug to do V2

Phil

The fly headstock has that carbon fibre laminate crap on its underside, lending it some serious structural support. Plain old wood would not likely be a safe bet, though someone more experienced can refute or confirm this.

The Parker P-series has no carbon fibre and uses the same headstock shape.

had a look how truerussian did his - cheers

here are a couple of snaps - a full view & a closer look at the body.

in a nut shell.......rock maple thru neck, alder body wings, ebony board, steinbreger / floyd hybrid trem, kent armstrong pickups, roland GK2 internally mounted.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v292/phil_catnell/Stratus_full_view.jpg]My Webpage

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v292/phil_catnell/Stratus_close_up.jpg]My Webpage

I am a huge fan of the headless design- If one can handle the odd aesthetics- there are numerous advantages- especially with a bass. the weight and balance are wonderful and result in less or no shoulder/back cramps or pain during long sets- and of you use very high quality parts- ABM- they will only go out of tune from slight neck changes dues to climate changes.

Peace,

Ryan