problem with tone knob

JamesRaven23

Hello everyone... Um, I was replacing the tone and volume knobs on my Ibanez RG320 guitar. I put the new (skull) knobs on and I accidentally tightened the screw too much... the slit between the peg collapsed and the two sides came together.. I separated them and tried straightening it back up but I havent had much success getting it perfectly straight like before so it looks (and feels) like a flat tire wobbling when I turn it. I was hoping someone might give me tips on getting it straight like before.... I suppose the only thing lamer than a skull knob is a wobbling skull knob :D

Thanks,

James

you can just put in a little wood shim there and it should take care of it.

Any standard 500K guitar pot should work fine - get one from StewMac, WD, Brian, or anywhere guitar parts are sold. You can spend the extra money to buy a brand-name, like CTS or ALPS, but you'll probably never notice the difference - I use the 16mm Alpha pots like WD and Allparts offer, and I've had no problems with them. I'm sure others will disagree, but that's my take on it.