trouble shooting

MzI

Ok, I finally went and picked up my guitar today from my local shop yes it was almost done cept for the wiring, yes the fun part, ne ways i have 2 duncans a jazz zebra in the neck and a jb zebra in the bridge, along with a barrel jack input 1 vol 1 tone 3 way toggle, i wired it up accordin to the duncan schematic put it back together and restrung it and absolutely no sound comin outta my amp, nothin even when i turn the vol and tone knobs on and off

does anyone have any ideas as to what i should do trouble shooting wise, i checked all of my solder connections and they look good nothin is loose and im at a loss for what to do

MzI

First, check the amp and the cord (I'm not kidding, I once rebuilt a pedal 3 times before I noticed that one of the cords was bad). Then check to see if you have a stray wire shorting the hot side to ground - It's one of my perennial problems, everything works fine while I'm working on it, but when I put on the cover, the shielding shorts something out. If that's not it, the next thing I do is disconnect the pickups and trace the wiring with a multimeter from the jack back to the pickup connections. You'll need to check to make sure both the hot side and the ground show continuity all the way back. Since you're getting no sound, rather than a hum, it's probably a short to ground. HTH.

thanx for the quick replies, the amp works fine, i rechecked the schematic and everything is in the right place, the only other things i could think of were like the reistor green thingy in there i got from another guitar, swapped actives in so i dont know what the value of it is, and also the ground on the input jack is it the larger part and not the little stud coming out of the middle

MzI