body blanks?

i find it easy to use this wierd clamp system i got, i made sure the pieces of wood that i got where the same height, rubbed glue on the sides, then put them together, then i took this nylon rope thingy (similiar to the stuff cheap straps are made of, but stronger), with edge things on them put the four corner things on the corners and then using this crank mechanism, tightened the whole thing, glued together like a rock and its easy to move the wood when its slipping

yeah that sounds great...anyway...you need to have the surfaces jointed properly..."squeezing" the crap out of it will force too much of the glue out,causing a dry joint

And obviously, it is not a solid glue joint if you can move it when it is drying.

That tablesaw idea wasnt too great either. Go find a cabinet shop or friendly furniture maker if you cant afford the right tools. Or dont do it. I have learned that even if it looks decent and all seems well, there is a right tool for the job. If ya aint gonna do it right, dont bother.

no its just thankfully theyt where machined properly at the start, and i was answering the orignal post about clamping not your conversation on jointing,

actually i was just saying some random thing, and that you dont need 50 dollars worth of clamps

At this moment I dont give a tinkers damn if that was serious sarcastic.

First of all, in my experience, even S4S wood needs to be planed/jointed on the gluing surfaces.

Secondly, $50 worth of clamps? Ok, I buy 6" cabinet clamps for around $6 to $8, and 36" ones for $8 to $12. I have 2 36" ones. Dont need more. The things are cheap. I have used shrink wrap before, and it did adequately for the few times I used it, but wasted manhours and security are justification to go spend $15. And in all seriousness, your "tricky clamping thing" or whatever, seems to be rather time consuming and inaccurate. Buy some clamps. You wont regret it. Deep jawed C clamps are indespenible as well.

---------------------------

|                                    |

|                                    |_tightener thingy

|__________________|

i cant see why its bad but if you know then tell me, the boddy blank goes in the center of that thing mark you, wiuth the corners in specail corner cups