Guitar Tuner

boss tu-2, great as its in a pedal form so on stage use is a breeze

Yup i got the same one as Truerussian,the KORG 1, Great they are, and he's not shitting when he says the batterys will last a year,

but if you have a microphone connected to your computer, you can put the mic up to your guitar and download a bit of software that will tune your guitar.

Kewl eh'

search this in yahoo, AP Guitar Tuner and download it if ya want.

...........Keith :D

i got a korg- ca30

its small and accurate, and you can plug the guitar into, plus its chromatic so you can tune to any note. and it uses onlt 2 aaa bateries and it runs on that for over a year of regular tuning

I don't think I have that model, but something similar.

I'd recommend any Korg tuner that can be found for less than $20.

Boss tu-2 is good

Right now i have a Kord DTR-1 which is an EXTREMELY accurate rackmount tuner. Might be a bit pricey but i see people spend twice as much on some useless effect, honsetly whats more important than making sure your guitar is in tune?

I'd trade a closet-full of digital tuners for one accurate one with a simple VU meter. I'd rather see a needle going back and forth than some rotten LEDs or a crap-tacular dot-matrix "needle" screen.

Greg

I'd trade a closet-full of digital tuners for one accurate one with a simple VU meter. I'd rather see a needle going back and forth than some rotten LEDs or a crap-tacular dot-matrix "needle" screen.

Greg

Thing is, over time the needle may become inaccurate. But i do know what you mean, i used to have a quicktune grrr it was so crappy. It was like using a gameboy to tune :D

I use a Peterson VS-1. Check the specs before buying. Some will claim high precision (the internal circuitry) but then will slap LED's on the front and there goes the accuracy.

I got the VS-1 for about $130 (I think?). MusiciandsFreind had a sale on them a while ago. I think they needed to get rid of stock since the VS-2 was available.

Someone did a comparison of tuners and wrote a decent article. I'll post the link if I can find it again.

I got the VS-1 for about $130 (I think?). MusiciandsFreind had a sale on them a while ago. I think they needed to get rid of stock since the VS-2 was available.

Don't remind me. I was real busy and didn't see the thread about that until a few days later after they had sold them all. Now, they've even jacked the VS-2 price up to $220 (when they were $200 early this year, I thought I'd hold off until later this year coz I figured the price would go down a little)

But they are one of the few that are good for intonation adjusting.

Plus, I heard that "sweet " setting or whatever it is, is real nice.

Somebody tell us if the price ever goes down on these, please.