Decal Finishes

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has heard of decal sets for guitars. I have a used RG320 guitar with a flat finish which doesn’t offer the body much protection if it's accidentally bumped or dropped. It has a couple of dents and a small chip from previous use and I recently added a scratch of my own on the back while removing a panel. I don't have much experience working on wood.. I’ve refinished a couple pieces of furniture in the past but they weren’t very expensive and I wasn’t too concerned with getting a really nice smooth finish. I don’t want to get in over my head by refinishing and end up with a completely crappy looking finish so I'm hoping I can find decal finish sets with a cool design. I've only found a couple of sites which sell them. Here are the links: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3732842056&rd=1

http://www.tablefour.com/blackmountainchili/full%20body1.htm

The first one is a little too colorful for my taste.. and the second one looks pretty cool but costs 20 British pounds for each sheet... which is way too much for a teen yank such as myself. If anyone knows of any sites that sell them, let me know. Thanks for your help!

James

Just checked out the black mountain chili site and they have loads more stickers available for cheaper than 20 GBP. You should check out the tribal secton in particular or the themed sticker sets (you can get 6 small decals in a set) - and there only 3 GBP (about $5!).

The stickers by Brian look too much like 80s jazz bar cheese for my taste!

JLN