Jump to content

wood filler what type?

Recommended Posts

1) Well, what you want specifically is PORE filler, not wood filler, they make both, and they are 2 different things, so make sure you get -pore- filler. :D

2) Pore filler comes usually as oil-based or water-based. I prefer the oil-based, so what you are looking for is 'oil-based-pore filler', OK?

Behlen's makes it, I'm sure lots of other companies do too. I can't help as far as where to get it tho. You can always find it on-line.

3) The black dye, Specifically, what you are looking for is black -PIGMENT-.

My preferred black pigment is Lamp Black Tint's All. It's cheap as hell, like, $3.00 a tube, you only need one, and it dissolves in almost anything...water, lacquer, oil-based, etc. Fresco colors work too I believe, so Fresco Black would work.

You will find what you need in a local artist supply store for the black pigment.

Not a craft supply store, but an artists' supply store.

Stew-Mac carries the Tint's All and the oil-based pore-filler.

You pour out how much pore filler you need into a little container, then mix in the black, stirring until the black is completely dissolved into the pore-filler, then apply as normal pore-filler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...