Trapeziod Inlays?

Hi Sirbiznatch007 and welcome to the forum :D

Your going to need the inlay material of course and you can get it off Ebay or through Stew Mac or a host of other resources. Then be prepared to take off the frets and do the inlay following one of the many tutorials here.

Of course your going to need a mini router such as a dremel and fretting supplies unless you skip that part and have somebody else do it but then you would miss half the fun B)

Hope this helps ya :D

Why is removing the frets neccesary if you're installing something that goes between them?

well read the tutorial and it will answer that question.but i will put it in short form

how will you adequately sand the inlays flush,or even properly rout them,without removing the frets?

especially with trapezoidal inlays

The plans for the inlays are hidden somewhere over at mimf. I found them a while back but I'm sure I couldn't find them again. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

I think that none of the tutorials mention frets because they all assume that you are doing it on an unfretted board.

The plans for the inlays are hidden somewhere over at mimf.  I found them a while back but I'm sure I couldn't find them again.  Hopefully someone else can help you out.

I think that none of the tutorials mention frets because they all assume that you are doing it on an unfretted board.

The inlays are included in John Catto's Les Paul template - along with all the body routes, outline and headstock. The template is in the library, in the instrument and tools plans and templates section, which is right at the bottom of the library page.