??? is this true?

ummmmm how coudl it take an hour to tune........... it locks at both ends. you only use the fine tuners. this is not a typical floyd

I think what the author meant was it took one hour to set up the guitar for the first time.

After that, you never have to tune it again.

Fine adjustments when changing strings, but never full-on tuning.

I'd take a 1 hour inital set-up, if that meant I never had to tune again!

As for the look of those headstocks....

It looks pretty silly.

Just go headless. or at least reduce the head to something not as strange looking.

Yes, they do look strange when they're "naked".....

My regular Floyd is pretty easy to "speed load", just have to be creative:

String through the tuning peg, lock the string there with the ball end, cut the string just long enough to fit it in the bridge. Lock the string in the bridge et voilà!!! Takes 5 seconds per string and not even one turn of the tuning peg is required to get it up to tune.

Only downside: if you break a string at the bridge, you have to change it (you cannot just loosen the old one and lock it back in)

As for the look of those headstocks....

It looks pretty silly.

Just go headless. or at least reduce the head to something not as strange looking.

Yes, they do look strange when they're "naked".....

Lack of a headstock would make it difficult to put on the wall hangers that most stores have and may make it slightly more difficult to fit the guitars in readily available cases without sliding around.

There is only one FR SpeedLoader....and that one is absolutely not the one!

The hole thing is about how the strings are tuned to a specific length within very small toleraces, to avoid the hassle with the locking trem and nut. It works well, and the strings don't break at the ends. I have used it on my Magnum648 for about 10 months and have good experience with it:

m648_02.jpg

m648_04.jpg