cheap wood still good sound???

Does anyone know where I could find some cheap wood that still sounds half decent??

I'm on my first project, (I'm in 7th grade by the way) and I've been doing research for the past year and a half

I've practiced wiring on a peice of plywood and that's no problem.

Inlaying I'm well enough at to not totally screw my neck

I have all electronics purchased (got a great deal on humbucker pickups on Ebay

paint isn't an issue, tuners i have also, my school woodshop is letting me use their power tools

Pleez help me I need an online dealer forCheap Cheap Cheap Cheap wood

:DB)

if you do go the ebay route i would recommend checking out the guy jholden420. he lives in my area and he is moving to texas and auctioning off some beautiful wood (swear to god he had a stack of purpleheart four feet tall when i was in his warehouse). i just won an auction on some of his beautiful korina for 10.50$. its enough to make an entire guitar. he has an amazing stock even if you want to contact him and buy direct becausehe sells cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

Call around and find a local lumber yard and or cabinet shop. Walk in and tell them what you need, and make sure to poke around in their discards if they'll let you. Since the cabinet shops buy in bulk their scrap is often plenty big enough to build guitars with. Look for a chunk of mahogany, poplar or ash. You should be able to get your wood for twenty dollars or so if you're smart and lucky. Also a cabinet shop should be able to help you with bookmatching and the like.

Last week at The hardwood store of north carolina I got a chunk of curly maple big enough to cut a body (or two or three tops) for $10. And I spotted an old moldy looking piece of wood in a pile of spacers from incoming pallets that looked like mahogany. They GAVE it to me, and sure enough. . . it's enough mahogany to make a neck.

Good luck.

7th grade?!!!!

Yeah, definately go to a cabinet maker and tell him that you are building a guitar. I would also stretch the truth and tell them that it's for a school project. I would expect that you might be able to get some wood donated from someone with a story like that.

:D

Call around and find a local lumber yard and or cabinet shop. Walk in and tell them what you need, and make sure to poke around in their discards if they'll let you. Since the cabinet shops buy in bulk their scrap is often plenty big enough to build guitars with. Look for a chunk of mahogany, poplar or ash. You should be able to get your wood for twenty dollars or so if you're smart and lucky. Also a cabinet shop should be able to help you with bookmatching and the like.

Last week at The hardwood store of north carolina I got a chunk of curly maple big enough to cut a body (or two or three tops) for $10. And I spotted an old moldy looking piece of wood in a pile of spacers from incoming pallets that looked like mahogany. They GAVE it to me, and sure enough. . . it's enough mahogany to make a neck.

Good luck.

really? thats where i buy from too! where abouts do you live in NC.

im in goldsboro.