New here -need help (pickup rout placement)

its about personal taste, closer to the bridge, more attack and metal like (for bridge pickup) and the neck is personal choice again, closer gives you a jazzier sound (so i am told) and farther away is more rockish and metalish (so i am told again)

Curtis

Hi everyone, I need to know exactly where to place my 2 humbucker routs in the body I have been building from scratch. In relation to the neck pocket, harmonics or bridge, how in the world do I know where to rout? thanks for the help!

Do you have a picture?

I have a handful of vintage guitars here that I can measure for you...if it will help!

red

Thanks so much guys. I don't have a picture (no camera) but it's just a Fender-scale guitar with 2 humbuckers (Bill Lawrence L-500). The annoying thing is that they are thinner than humbuckers (like P-90s), with the same width. If I switch pickups, I don't want my placement to be off. So you're saying it doesn't really matter where they go? The pickups need to be slanted like a strat bridge pickup, but in both spots (about 10-13 degrees). The guitar is a Jag-Stang blown up for 25.5" scale and good woods, hardware. No more 24" basswood nonsense!

Just want to keep this one running in case someone has more info or experience. I am collecting high resolution pics of the various guitars Fender makes with the different pickup placement. I intend to try and see what happy marriage I can make (if any) to get it right the first time...