Electric necktrough neck angles

I'm starting to build a guitar, modeled after the jackson Randy rhoads flying V. i have no model to use as a template which is fine because im left handed anyway. i was planning no using a tune-o-matic style fixed bridge but realized that i need an angled neck to do so. first of all, how do you determine what the angle has to be, second how do you angle the neck on a neck through that passes through the entire body? (will tune-o-matics lower enough to eliminate the need for a neck angle?)

A rhoads V isn't symmetrical.

It's teh height of the bridge that dictates what your neck angle should be - a flat bridge like, say, a hard tail strat type doesn't require any angle, but a tom needs between 1-3 or so degrees. The plans I've seen for a V suggest a 1 degree neck angle, which I think is acheivable quite easily with a neck through - especially if you cap the body with a maple top or similar.

thanks

paulneeds, where have you seen plans for a V? more specifically a rhoads V. i dont want to make a recessed bridge, ill angle the neck. im not capping it i want the wood im using in the construction to show. i figure the best way to determine the angle is take the height of the bridge, measure the scale (25.5") till its on the same level as the bridge, this makes a triangle where i can determine the angle of the strings and make the neck accordingly, anyway, the bridges are adjustable so if its not exactly perfect the bridge can be adjusted accordingly.

you can either give it a very slight angle, but this gets hard with a necktrhough as you have to cut the body section of the neck at a slight angle, or you can recces the bridge, which requires carefull routing, or after the end of the fretboard you can give it a dropoff of 1/8th or so inches (more or less depending on the bridge)

guitarbuild.com has rhoads plans in cad. i think you could print it out and just flip it over. when i made my plans, i took their cad plan and made it bigger to accomodate a seventh string. im not sure how accurate it is but there is a lot of room to play around with bridge positioning. and with a neck through you could make a step off near the neck so that the fretboard is higher than it should be and that will make the bridge sit lower so that you dont need an angle.

paulneeds, where have you seen plans for a V? more specifically a rhoads V.

I can't recall seeing plans for a rhoads v, but there is someone in the forum building one who's posted some pics of his progress.

Can't remember where I saw the plans - was another guitar making forum/website. Email me your address and I'll send the file to you.

EDIT - cheers Meegs - it WAS guitarbuild!