Fret wire question

Yes you can, but you cant use narrow and jumbo in the reverse

You could, if you really wanted to. Maybe someone has the idea that they want the upper notes more "blurred" and the lower notes more precise and clear.

But it's not that unusual for fat frets switching to narrow frets, like Dunlop 6100 going up to the 12th or 15th, then 6105 taking over. They have the same height, and that's important if you want to keep the hand work to a minimum. Not so great to go with two sets of frets with a difference in height more than a couple thousandths of an inch.

Keeping the heights the same can narrow your choices. It's times like that, that I wish I had a machine to run fret-wire through to grind it to a different shape.

Like the VW's in the avatar. I saw a killer mid-60's bus yesterday, lowered, torquoise on the bottom, white on top.

Thanks for the help. I wanted to know because I want to use jumbo frets on my guitar but when I get to the higher frets I feel like it will make it harder to play as the frets are closer together so I want to narrow them so I can play the higher frets easier. I thinnk the 12th or 15th fret would be a nice place to change.

Yeah once I finish my first guitar I want to start saving straight away to buy a VW same as the one you saw 1967 torquise botto white on top and a camping interior rather than the minibus style ones. Split window, cooker, fridge, sink. Stereo system with a roland minicube hooked up to the stereo. Use the preamp etc of the minicube then put it throgh the speakers, amp and whoofer of a car

"THE ROLAND MINICUBE 6000W"

:D

What da ya think

Yeah once I finish my first guitar I want to start saving straight away to buy a VW same as the one you saw 1967 torquise botto white on top and a camping interior rather than the minibus style ones. Split window, cooker, fridge, sink. Stereo system with a roland minicube hooked up to the stereo. Use the preamp etc of the minicube then put it throgh the speakers, amp and whoofer of a car

"THE ROLAND MINICUBE 6000W"

:D

What da ya think

Me, I will go with a 1966, Beetle, plain interior, only the floor carpet, aluminum tubs instead of the rear firewall and seat, only a recaro racing seat, a one piece fiberglass front end with a 10 galon fuel cell, a 8 point roll cage with lateral supports, and a Scat 2500cc type 1 engine with a 48mm De Llorto carburator, bored feeding a TO4 Garret turbo thru a custom made stainless intake, exiting thru a stainless header, a waste gate holding up to 30 lbs boost and then out of a 90 degree 3" elbow. Painted Bright Green with Pink bubbles on the nose... Just like my best friend back home!!!

Sorry I was out of topic... but you started, Well on the fret issue I will say that as long as the height is the same you shouldn't run into much problem, you are in the same dilema that I'm I like the feel of the wider frets, but I have a hard time fretting them, after I came here and develop the balls to scallop my neck, now I can have the best of both worlds, I can't wait to put wide frets on my Strat neck in order to get the same feel of glidind thru my Les Paul with scallop neck!!!