Newest Project........

Here's one of my new laser printed water decals and the newest paint job on my ongoing Japanese Strat body project. It was butterscotch colour last week :D

The neck has been re finished in satin clear, then rubbed back with some 1200 grade paper for that slippery no stick feel.

The body is as close as I could find to the old Eric Clapton Strat colour. (pics look a bit off colour) Its actually a Hyundai colour, Mid Grey. Im finally getting the hang of spraying Poly paint.........woo hoo!!!! Its only been hand polished for now, Ill give it a couple of months to really harden up, then Ill tear it down and machine buff it.

Its been fully shielded and there is a set of Lace sensors to go in the pick guard this weekend. Vintage Kluson tuners should get fitted by Saturday too hopefully. Ill post somemore pics as I go.

This was the timber last week after it was stripped....................Is this Ash? I think it is but Im no expert.

Guest AlexVDL

Great job you did there Bear. Can't tell the difference between a real or your fender logo :-)

The paint looks very sweet, is a metallic paint?

The wood does actually look like ash, light ash though. Was it a transparant butterscotch paint originally? Fender Japan often uses ash for transparant colors.

:D:DB)

Lookin good Bear! I'd have to agree with the wood being ash. I have always loved that color. I think it was called pewter, but yours looks just as good , if not better. So did you make those decals yourself? They look great.

Ash it is then!

Jai, Ive ordered a set of Fender White accessories. May as well stick with what Ive started.

I only need the knobs and back plate tho.........anyone want to buy some genuine Fender white pickup covers?

Robert I think your right about the colour, Pewter rings a bell now that you mention it. The Hyundai colour was the closest I could find as Fender dont seem to like giving out the paint codes :D . I wonder why??????? hehe.

Nice work BeAR. I'm going to have to use the water slide decal technique. The results are much cleaner (and flatter) than the transparency technique that we first tried.

The only problem is that I've never seen water slide decal paper here in the States. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, just that I need to look around a little more.

Be sure to record the new Femme Gris guitar for us when it's done.

Jehle, shoot me an email with your address. Santas comin' early. Ive got one A4 blank water slide sheet left and it yours if you want it. I figure I owe you for the contributions to the original logo idea.

Jai, the lace's are in different covers. Thats why they look different. I bought some blank covers to replace the originals because the originals tend to fade to a creme/brown colour with exposure to UV light. They just dont look right on this guitar with a bright white pick guard. New covers cost $5 US from All Parts. I bought the laceys on ebay originally. Brand new never used................just faded to a shitty off white colour.

Jai, the lace's are in different covers. Thats why they look different. I bought some blank covers to replace the originals because the originals tend to fade to a creme/brown colour with exposure to UV light. They just dont look right on this guitar with a bright white pick guard. New covers cost $5 US from All Parts. I bought the laceys on ebay originally. Brand new never used................just faded to a shitty off white colour.

oh ya, :D thats what I wanted to know is where you got the covers, not the acutal pup. sorry