Nut question

They don't always go all the way through. Often wood screws are used, and I think that's better. They do the job just fine. Keeps that area of the neck stronger too, if you don't drill holes all the way through.

Why did they ever make 'em with holes going all the way through ?

Maybe they thought that's the way to really clamp the nut on there and it's better for sound. I doubt it. But if you still want it more tight that wood screws might provide, I think I'd put some small threaded inserts from the top and some short machine screws.

^The post is up there^

(oh god, im so original B))

:D

That's actually a good question. Why on earth DID old Floyd think about drilling holes all the way through. It's so obvious, now that I think about it, that the nut could have just been screwed in place. And just think of all those guitars that would have been saved in the process.

They don't always go all the way through. Often wood screws are used, and I think that's better. They do the job just fine. Keeps that area of the neck stronger too, if you don't drill holes all the way through.

Why did they ever make 'em with holes going all the way through ?

Maybe they thought that's the way to really clamp the nut on there and it's better for sound. I doubt it. But if you still want it more tight that wood screws might provide, I think I'd put some small threaded inserts from the top and some short machine screws.

Have you ever ripped out a locking nut that was held in with those little wood screws while going crazy with the whammy? I have :D that's why they drill them all the way through B)