need body wood

What shape/style guitar are you doing? I think you can't go wrong with Pau Ferro. Sweet tone and you can find it with killer grain. You might check out Koa as a body wood. It sounds killer with a 5/4 Pau Ferro neck...but it should be cool too with a zebra/ferro combo. You can get Koa in all kinds of figure. It varies so much in color and pattern (straight...flamed) that you can make a really cool looking axe.

Why the hell would you want to use expensive wood on your first build! unless you are insanley rich, it is a very bad idea.

start off with cheap wood, so that when you mess up (which you will) you arnt compleatly pissed.

You dont even have to fit the cheap guitar with hardware, just use it for practice. Then get expensive wood and try, and fit it with the best you can buy.

My first build is a pine plank that I got from lowes for 10 bucks. that was enough to cover the body neck, and a few jigs i made to ease the process.

Why don't you carve the body from mammoth ivory, make the neck from African Blackwood, fingerboard should be brazillian rosewood.

The guitar should probably have platinum inlay shaped like a dodo and studded with diamonds everywhere! :D

Here's a though, and I say it every time; Lacewood, the flashy alder alternative!

Seriously, why on earth would you want to build a very expensive VERY heavy guitar as your first time? Both of the guitars i've made are very hefty and you know what? I wish they weren't! The whole density = sustain and tone thing can only be taken so far before it gets silly.