piezo pickups

madcow

as you will see i know virtually nothing about piezo pickups

A couple of questions about piezo pickups:

1. Can theywork on solid and not solid (hollow) guitars

2. where do you put them

3. can you put a piezo a solid body guitar with a FR or strat style trem?

IM not the expert on them, I have made threads before but was rudely told to go "use the search function"

but here goes.

1. Yes. Anything that makes a vibration

2. AnyWHERE that makes a vibration

3. both. Anywhere that makes a vibration

basically, your looking for a surface with the strongest vibrations :D

Try experimenting all over the guitar. On solidbody, the common thing to do is epoxy the piezo's to the weighted stock of the tremolo on both vintage and FR trems.

I use one of these on a strat - and may well end up fittingit into a couple of other guitars too. graphtech ghost system

LR Baggs do one for les pauls as well, and also Fishman make some, but I've not used either.

IM not the expert on them, I have made threads before but was rudely told to go "use the search function"

Lighten up, dude! B) Let me illustrate why some one might tell you to use the search function, rudely or otherwise:

Title search In Electronics - 'piezo"

There's a full page of threads - most of them are directly related to the questions that madcow asked in his original message. Brian is kind enough to give us space for archiving all this info, and we really should make use of it. How difficult is it to type a single keyword into the search box? If you've searched, and you can't find the answer, then you have every right to be offended by a flip reply, but if not, well..., let's just say it's probably best to walk it off! :D