7 string floyd

ill check into it, i hear hes got them for a good price. the problem isnt the price as much as just the temptation. i play extremely heavy death metal, so tone doesnt matter. but i change my strings a lot because they die after a few hours on my guitar. a few hours ago me and my friend were playing and his string snapped and it took him a bit of time before we could actual start playing again because he had to use the allen wrenches and stuff on his floyd. so i dont know if that is gonna fly well with my nonstop trem picking.

you're doing something wrong if strings are breaking to much, there's a friction point at the saddle, or you're just not playing big enough strings for how hard your style is. Does your friend know about the quick way to fix a broken string on a floyd? if it breaks at the bridge just undo that one lock at the nut, unloop the string from the tuner one turn, lock it back in the saddle, clamp the nut back down, and fine tune. faster then changing a regular string i find. i might have a subjective view though :D

All strings 'die' after a few hours. In fact, i don't consider my strings to be 'broken in' and truly playable until they've been played for a few hours and have lost that brand-new overly-bright 'squeak' to them. Once they've been played in a bit, they get more balanced and even sounding to my ear.

Try different strings if you're finding they're really dying on you. I've tried a few brands that sounded awful to me after just a few hours, but GHS Boomers sound better (and last longer) than anything else i tried.

i play extremely heavy death metal, so tone doesnt matter.

Sorry, but that made me chuckle.

I love floyds and I never break strings any more. Had a set of Blue Steel 10's on one guitar, tuned to standard and I finally broke one after 6 months of playing!

i use so much distortion that my guitar could be out of tune and you wouldnt know the difference. all that really breaks through the gain is the changing of the notes from one phrase to another. ive been using seven string ernie ball slinkys on my strat and just taking away the high e. im a perfectionist when it comes to my playin. even if the audience cant hear if my guitar is at its best i can. ive been thinking about just changing my string type altogether because the slinkys start out a little too bright and die on me after ive beat them to hell and back for one practice session. i have used zakk wylde sigs before for my down tuning and they worked pretty well just cost a tad bit more than slinkys.