Body Shapes

ok. I t seems that it may be next to impossible to creat an ergonomicaly pleasing guitar without being influenced by all that has come before. Recently Boyd Coddington, a custom hot rod builder said, " If I don't come up with something original from time to time, I'm doomed to just keep rebuilding what I've allready done." :D Thanks Guy's. Oh those Vox Phantoms are very much surfing guitars aye.

Virtually every guitar shape needs an arc on the bottom so it can be comfortably played sitting. Sales will suffer without this.

What about V's? They only sold about 3 kazillion of V's and V styles, what bout Explorers? or Destroyers? they sell alot too, mind you, they are a bit harder to play sittin down, but you can, and they do sell alot

What about V's? They only sold about 3 kazillion of V's and V styles, what bout Explorers? or Destroyers? they sell alot too

:DB):D:D:D

Go to GC, or open up a Musician's Friend catalog and count the number of V styled guitars for sale, then count the LP styled guitars, then slowly ease your foot out of your mouth.

The V is a specialty item that makes Gibbo some money on the side. It's sales are not even meaningful when compared to the more standard models.

And that clarinet sounds really really sweet

Incidentally, I plan on marketing my flame tube tuba and my dragon inlaid xylophone coming this fall. Keep an eye out.

a strat is shaped purely for practical purposes imo. thats why it was so popular. in my book practicality is king. there are some things on a strat that are down to taste though so you could take that design and change it enough so it looks different but still retains all the usefulness of it's shape, like carving the top so the cutaways have an angle so you can reach those higher frets more easily etc