My bad

Ok, so when sanding out my Telecaster I accidently made the neck pocket area too thin by about 1/16 of an inch. I took it into the guitar shop and they said I could move up the neck, etc. a little bit. Today I had another idea, would it be possible to saw out the middle and make it a neck-through? Or would it be difficult to clamp down right now that the body has been cut?

Are you talking about the bottom of the pocket, not the sides? If its the bottom you could put a shim in?

so your saying the area where you need to route is t thin to hold the neck, correct?

if so, why not laminate some thicker veneer onto it, i am sure you can get veneer thats bigger than 1/16 of an inch

Curtis

big_dolsn2.jpg

It seems like you kinda have your heart set on a neck thru, so maybe the above :D image might be a tasty compromise if you could work it out with your neck. It's a Warwick Dolphin bass, by the way.

Shimming the pocket would work well too, especially if you're doing a solid finish.