I need opinions on a custom wiring idea

Nalo1022

I will probably be getting a LP in the near future, It will have 3 humbuckers and be rewired for coil splitting etc. Now I'm drawing up tthe schematic adn i am wondering what seems better 3 humbuckers with each coil independently splittable with 3 tone pots and a master volume or 3 humbuckers with each coil independently splittable with 3 volume pots and a master tone? Im thinking about going for 3 tone and master volume, but I just want to see what other ideas ppl might have

I'd go for 3 Vol and 1 tone; being able to choose the mix of pups for lead/rhythm is more important than choosing the individual amount of treble but with only one sound to the pups. If you were goind to do 3 tone, you might as well just have one pup in the average position of the three! Go with max versatility: go 3 vol!

I'm skibum5545, and I approve this message.

[edit] what about stacked pots?

Its going to have a 3 way toggle switch that wiill select between the neck adn bridge pickups liek a normal LP, all of the potss will be push pull, one of them will de/activate the middle pickup, adn then the other three will split a humbucker each. This is why im thinking of having 3 tones and a master volume. The toggle and one pot will give me many variations in pickup combinations and then i will be able to control each pickups tone.

I'm with skibum on this, but it's about making you happy - personally, the only time I use the tone pots on an LP is to roll some treble off the neck pickup for blluesy stuff, but that's me, not you. If you're going to use the tones, that's the way you should wire it. And if you don't like it after about a month, just rewire it.

Youl probably laugh at me for going over the top but Im hoping to do something like that with the help of Artie over at Seymour Duncan forums. I will have 6 pots a phase switch a series/parralel switch and a neck on switch and a five way selector with a hsh setup.

Each volume will split the hums and tap the SC respectively.