Wax?

ShreddyKrueger

I'm pretty sure "candle wax" is parafin.

It is - it just costs twice as much and smells prettier. :D

Candle wax is mostly parafin. There are a lot of formulas for candle wax and few are pure parafin. Bee's wax, soy wax, additives, coloring or fragrences are in virtually every candle on the market. I have no idea if any of this would be a problem.

The good thing is parafin is dead cheap. A couple of bucks worth and you'll have enough to pot pups for the rest of your life.

Candle wax is mostly parafin. There are a lot of formulas for candle wax and few are pure parafin. Bee's wax, soy wax, additives, coloring or fragrences are in virtually every candle on the market. I have no idea if any of this would be a problem.
Take my word for it, it won't - there are pickups out there that were potted in red bayberry candle wax at least 20 years ago that were still working fine as recently as December 2003 (the last time I talked to him). :D

The good thing is parafin is dead cheap. A couple of bucks worth and you'll have enough to pot pups for the rest of your life.

Yes, you can go get Gulfwax paraffin at the grocery store for under $2.00 for a 1lb box. Spa wax costs almost ten times that much, and candle wax is between the two. Just be really careful melting any wax, and don't do it over an open flame, unless you've got the fire department and the burn center on speed dial and a really good health provider.