More, simpler Qs.

Hey...

Well, what's a good combination for heavy metal stuff? Does it matter? I play metallica mostly.

Also, which would be the best pickups for Metallica, type playing? I pretty sure most will say EMG 85/60(which is better, more grungy?) bridge and EMG 81 Neck.

What about the DiMarzios? Which are good? Again... old metallica type grungy sounding, good OD.

Also, what's a good bridge? I mean, a decent gotoh easy to install, no tremolo, tune or matic.

actually any decent hardwood will get you a decent sound when everything is done correctly, kirk or james could both play ash strats with bolt on necks and single coil pickups and it would still sound like metallica, another thing dont try to emulate sumone elses sound make up your own, as for pickups get whatever you want emg duncan dimarzio they are all good

MzI

actually you can get trash tones from any kinda guitar, for example, iron maiden uses strats with single coil pups and they have an awesome sound, also metallica is not the thrasiest band out there sorry to dissapoint you

MzI

i play a lot of hardcore etc, my favorite is the duncan '59. it's like a bog standard les paul/SG pickup. a lot of hardcore/metal/etc bands use out-of-the-box gibsons, so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

Metallica the most thrashy band you heard? try some pantera! their guitarist also has his own signature pickup - "the dimebucker". also check out the duncan invader, although methinks it's not so versatile.

but like it said above, a nice pickup doesn't make you a better guitarist, especially when it comes to heavy stuff. maybe a better action would help though.