Alternatives to routing?

Are there any?

My dad after seeing the drawings said it would be very easy to do that kind of stuff(pickups holes, btw) with a simple chisel and hammer. HE says his carpenter dude can do it easy enough. Is this a good idea? (I'm aiming epiphone quality :D)

My dad(again) said his company CNC machines could do these very easily, if I could provide him the CAD drawings? Is this true? I some how find it hard to believe.

My dad(again) said his company CNC machines could do these very easily, if I could provide him the CAD drawings? Is this true? I some how find it hard to believe.

that's how many of the big companies make most of their production model guitars, just stick a peice of wood in the machine and out comes a guitar body ready for paint.

You can certainly get away with using a chisel and hammer to do any of the routing that a guitar requitres. Whenever you think that it is impossible remember that there were very fine guitars being made before the industrial revolution. That being said a router (hand operated or CNC) is the way to go if you have one.

You can use strictly hand methods if you want to though. The pickups cavities, neck pockets, etc in my first few guitars (16 years ago) were made using one of those auger type drills that were used in a hand drill (precursor to Forstner bits and a drill press for me) and then cleaned up with a chisel. You can get pretty good results with it. Of course for ease of use, accuracy of cut, and accurate replication of your work nothing beats a router and template or the superior CNC router (if you can afford or are lucky enough to have access to one).

Chissel and hammer will work? Was there a yes for that>

Yes there was. You can do it all with a hammer and chisel. If you keep them sharp and take your time it will come out good. Also don't use a hammer, use a wooden mallot or a 2x2 of some hardwood, preferrably rounded. The hammer will be too heavy and you will dull your blades quickly. You want to cut the wood not smash it.