Cold Heat Soldering Gun

Brian

Brian, I heard about this for a while now, but for the price I'm skeptic about buying one, too cheap for the technology that it represents, I mean even a decent soldering Iron cost about 25, with out the station or anything added to it... And to include the wire strippers for the same price :D , I don't know Man, too good to be true... It might work a week or two and die...

After seeing it at thinkgeek a few times, I finally caved in and ordered one. Played around with it for a bit the other night. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having a hard time getting it hot enough for typical solder work. I ended up just taking out my regular gun. It does take practice to keep it on, so maybe I'll work on it some more.

they did a whole thread there on diystompboxes.com about this apparently its similar in fashion to what i was doing with mine but at lower voltages. and it only gets hot when you bridge the tip pins with teh solder to make the connections. if i find the link i will post it.