hsh, hss, and hh config

Could someone please explain to me what these configs are best suited for what type of music?, I am going to get the HSH config guitar to play stuff like AC/DC, metallica, and white stripes, is this a good guitar for these types of music?, would the HSS config be good for playing hendrix,clapton, and skynyrd? or would the HH config be better for skynyrd?, I am really looking for a good guitar that can play a variety of music (except country) from skynyrd to metallica (hendrix and clapton)... I am going to buy the guitar with a hsh config on it thinking I can play skynyrd and metallica and ac/dc am I going wrong?, If I am plz help me...

oh 1 more "?", if I buy the HSH could I change them to SSS or HSS config ?, will a single coil fit in a humbucker slot? B):D

:D:D:D

Could someone please explain to me what these configs are best suited for what type of music?,,would the HSS config be good for playing hendrix,clapton, and skynyrd? or would the HH config be better for skynyrd?, I am really looking for a good guitar that can play a variety of music (except country) from skynyrd to metallica (hendrix and clapton)... I am going to buy the guitar with a hsh config on it thinking I can play skynyrd and metallica and ac/dc am I going wrong?(is this a good guitar config for this type of music?) If I am plz help me...

oh 1 more "?", if I buy the HSH could I change them to SSS or HSS config ?, will a single coil fit in a humbucker slot? :DB)

:DB)B)

:D:DB)B)

(The Guitars I am talking about are the Washburn X25WA (music123.com exlusive), the Washburn Idol series WI14 and the Washburn X10)

(off the topic, what is the difference between a hardtail and flush tremolo?, what is better?)

(oh and if you had a choice which would you get for rock and hard rock?)

All of those players you mention use very different guitars... it's not just the pickup config, though that'll get you close. If you want maximum versatility, i would go with HSH with coil splitting. That will give you humbucking and single coil options that will come close to (but not exactly bang-on) the Strat sounds of Hendrix and Clapton and the SG/Les Paul/Explorer sounds of Skynrd, Metallica and AC/DC.

You'll also need a small fleet of amps to cover all that tonal ground as well, but the guitar is a start.

Hardtail means the guitar doesn't have a tremolo at all. The bridge is fixed. A flush-mounted trem means they've routed a lot of wood out of the guitar's body to make it as low-profile as possible.

What's better depends on your preferences. I generally don't play trem-equipped guitars any more, so my preference leans towards hardtails. But what's good for me may not be good for you.

Given the choice, i would get the guitar that sounds, plays and looks the best for the money i have to spend.