Carbon rod glue: did I just screw up?

I mistakenly read in a post that Titebond is OK to glue carbon rods in with. When I re-read the thread, I realized it was actually a question to which someone else replied "use epoxy". :D

I glued mine in with Titebond. Am I screwed or will it be OK to leave as is? Should I try to dig the rods back out and use epoxy?

Also, I am confused about the tape trick. Do you cover the truss rod channel with tape, spread glue, remove tape and then clamp fretboard? Or do you leave the tape in there? Leaving the tape doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks in advance for the help! B)

The best way to hold the rod in the channel seems to be epoxy, if you used titebond and after it dries it holds ok i don't see any reason why you should have the (major) trouble of digging it out, anyone disagrees with this?

the tape over the truss rod is just to prevent glue from getting in there, remove it, when you clamp the fingerboard ideally all the squeze out will be to the opposite sides of the channel.

i'm still in the early learning stage, i've only cut one carbon rod channel and had to redo it, so take my advice with caution

I leave the tape myself, but I cut the tape about 1/32" away from the slot, so that the tape does it's job of keeping the glue out and it's not so wide that it hinders the glue process. I did that method on the Strat we are building now. Either way the object is to keep the glue from getting into the truss rod slot, which could be disasterous.

I use Titebond to glue in my carbon fiber tubes. But I also route a round bottom slot and then a rounded fillet to cover the tube and hold it into the neck. The result is that the round tube is completely surrounded by wood. Because of this I use Titebond. As long as you don't need it to fill in large gaps you will be fine. Like Scott says the stuff is quite strong when cured.