help with pickup configuration

krizalid

pickup_configuration.gif

hai all, this pickup configuration came into idea when i realized that i do like both fender and gibson, so, i want to achieve both type of pickup configuration. well, at least.

can anyone help me about this type of wiring?

do i need any special switches to make this?

is it do-able and practical?

How many pickups are you going to have, and what kind? There are several ways to get all the combinations you want, but I don't quite understand how (or why) you want to use two different switches. How are you going to switch between selector switches, add another switch ( would that be a selector switch selector switch?)? :D

i'm sorry, guess i forgot to put the pickup type. well, for the neck, it will be seymour duncan humbucker ( not sure what kind though ), lace sensor single coil for the middle, dimarzio dimebucker. ( the duncan and dimebucker are given to me by a friend, unknown of its real worth :D )

i'm trying to get the the gibson style switching, because i i like slash style of playing, and i also want to get that single coil sound like fenders.

can anyone help?

any suggestions or ideas are welcome. my drawing is just a beginning phase of multi-complex wiring. B)

what i think would be easier, to do, is to have the regular three way switch (ala gibson), and have both hums have seperate coil tapping switch so you use only the the coil closer to the middle, or both coils, much easier to wire, and you can use potentiometers with a push/pull dpdt switches built in to do this without crowding the top with switches

i found this it seems close to what you want. but its a five way switch, but you get the coil select idea, though im not entirely sure if the switch is both coils/north coil :D

also http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/%7Edgb/index_e.htm tons of diagrams, under hsh wirring, i think HSH11 is the way you want to go, but both are five way switches, and maybe a more knowledgable user here will be able to explain how the schematic works.