Top Wood

camcool

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey camcool, I have this PERFECT goncalo alves crotch top thats 1/4 thick, air dried to 12% humidity, perfectly quartersawn, and HIGHLY figured

And Ill sell it for $15.92 plus shipping, handling fee, and of course a magician fee.. seeing as he pulled it out of his top hat.

B):D: :D

Guy's I'm about to let loose the Moderator from Hell if you get my drift......

Camcool while being new is trying his best to learn and also find some exotic materials. I can't blame him for that, my first build I wanted a single piece mahogany back and a 3/4" thick bookmatched AAAAA quilted maple top.

If your going to start picking on somebody because lack of experiance or finances take a look in the mirror, nobody here has what they wish they had and if they truely do I doubt they would be here.

yeah he's right, we shouldnt gang up on him like that, it ticks me off a lot when people do that to me, come to think about it. thanks for the reminder brian, but also, cam istrying a little too hard to find some wood that'll leave him short 200 bucks on his first. cam, how bout you put a veneer on top of a cheaper wood?

Do the math folks.....do you *really* want me in here for this thread? Think long and hard about what you typed (or are about to type). There are 5 pages of veteran members being jagoffs to a newbie. You guys all know the rules, and you've all broken them.

Another infraction from anyone (new or old) and I'll start dishing out 30 day vacations.....right after I take you apart in this thread.

Are we clear?

More To The Point:

If Camcool wants to spend $5000 on 2lbs. of wood, LET HIM. Don't tell him to get Quicken and call Ditech.com. It's his money; let him spend it how he wants.

....and....

We're here to HELP others with our projects; not brow-beat them because they chose something difficult off the bat. If people didn't try new/difficult things, we'd all be customizing our Rickenbackers.

SUGGESTIONS are welcome. IDEAS are welcome.

Negativity is NOT welcome.

Not to challenge authority, as that is not my intent, but there comes a point where somone keeps rejecting sound advice that it becomes very frustrating, which is what I feel we have here.

Then stop posting.

Let him set his money afire and stop throwing fire extinguishers at him.

If you don't have anything positive to say, then click "back" and select a different topic. Keep doing that until you find a topic where you do have something positive to add.

cam, how bout you put a veneer on top of a cheaper wood?

THIS is an example of a good post.

Read it.

Learn it.

Live it.

(Good work, Silvertone).

not to be a rebel, its just that thats what almost everybody has said to cam (or at least close to that) on this thread, i have nothing against camcool, having answered most of his first threads. its just that i usually dont like watching people go get screwed out of a few hundred bucks, no matter how much i know them.

a word to camcool, is that there are many inteligent members on this forum, and following their advice is usually a good idea. Oh and sorry for ganging up on you.

so unless I have some candy pad answer dont say anything?

Yep.

Before you hit "Add Reply", re-read what you just typed and ask youself if you're being helpful and offering the best of your knowledge. If you are, then great. We'll all take it in. If you're not, then edit your post or simply don't reply.

It's a pretty simple setup.

TrueRussian- We've all seen how much the wood costs, and Cam said he was cool with that. He's not getting screwed. He knows the cost up-front. It's his money and he's going to spend it however he wants.

Slamming him with saying how many extra lawns he's gonna have to mow, or spam his body on the street corner is *NOT* a helpful suggestion.

Also, if he doesn't take your advice, DO NOT TAKE IT AS A SLAM AGAINST YOU. He made a decision (hopefully with some help from the members here), and that's that.

End.

Done.

Fin.

yah, but the thing is, he dosnt have the money... he was just posting to get attention. I think if he would wise up a little he could be a good bulider, because he deffinatly has ambition.

but yes, it isnt right to contiounuisly slam anybody.. but somtimes a little negitivity is the only way some people learn.

camcool, you have my appology for being *edit* not a very nice person */edit*. but do try to wise up and take usefull advice.

Edited by Dr. Jabsco

yah, but the thing is, he dosnt have the money... he was just posting to get attention. I think if he would wise up a little he could be a good bulider, because he deffinatly has ambition.

Whether he has the money or not, doesn't matter.

If you think he's full of BS, don't post.

If you think it's simply a cry for attention, don't post.

If you think he's for real, post something positive.

When was the last time you learned something through negativity?

Is this really that hard, or is everyone just that pissed off?

(Cam- I'm not anyone's hero.)