Top Wood

camcool

so unless I have some candy pad answer dont say anything?

Yep.

Before you hit "Add Reply", re-read what you just typed and ask youself if you're being helpful and offering the best of your knowledge. If you are, then great. We'll all take it in. If you're not, then edit your post or simply don't reply.

It's a pretty simple setup.

Sometimes the most helpful thing to say also isnt the nicest.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah, but the thing is, he dosnt have the money... he was just posting to get attention. I think if he would wise up a little he could be a good bulider, because he deffinatly has ambition.

Whether he has the money or not, doesn't matter.

If you think he's full of BS, don't post.

If you think it's simply a cry for attention, don't post.

If you think he's for real, post something positive.

When was the last time you learned something through negativity?

Is this really that hard, or is everyone just that pissed off?

(Cam- I'm not anyone's hero.)

From here and on in that thread, and the bad advice thread. Sometimes the most helpful thing hurts, but a mature human can accept criticism, even if they pussyfoot around for a few weeks.

From here and on in that thread, and the bad advice thread. Sometimes the most helpful thing hurts, but a mature human can accept criticism, even if they pussyfoot around for a few weeks.

I see NO negativity in that thread, except from you....being insanely defensive (pages 8 thru 10) and telling people to STFU...and then the rest of the thread is folks offering constructive criticism of your on-going projects, and a ton of helpful hints tossed in.

If you see it as a 'breakthru', hey...great.

What it *isn't* is you learning something via negativity.

This topic is now so far off-topic it's not funny. Let's just end this here and say "Be positive, offer constructive criticism, or don't post anything at all".

Done.

All further posts in this thread that are off-topic will be deleted.

Here is a pick of Goncalo Alves crotchwood from http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/index.html

goncaloalvescrotch.jpg

Here is a pick of Walnut crotchwood from http://www.galleryhardwoods.com/gallery_1.htm#, it's in the third row down, third piece from the left. They also have non-crotchwood Goncalo Alves on the second page.

walnutcrotch.jpg

They look fairly close in color, why not get a similar looking type of wood, and maybe stain it slightly?

Hey, CamCool

Im a newbie too, and, I guess, as most people do, wanted this FANTASTIC timber...I can afford it, just...but have decided against it, as I wouldn't be able to do it justice...and my money is better spent elsewhere, getting good parts etc...

However, if you want it, and can afford it, I reckon you should go for it...

I don't have any helpful links, sorry, but just a word of encouragement. I'm in Australia, and even here, local timber is expensive just to buy...let alone importing anything :D

I'm not ALOT older than you, so i rember how rewarding it is saving up a (relatively) smallish wage for months and buying the best that you can possibly buy. I reckon if you bought that timber and made the guitar, you would LOVE it no matter what...

And I'm not saying that you wouldn't be able to do it well.....just my words of advice B).

Good luck finding it...let us know if and when you do, and post some pics of whatever you end up with...This is what I've got..so far it's cost me AU$30 (about US$23) and a carton of beer :D

Hope you like..

Hey, CamCool

Im a newbie too, and, I guess, as most people do, wanted this FANTASTIC timber...I can afford it, just...but have decided against it, as I wouldn't be able to do it justice...and my money is better spent elsewhere, getting good parts etc...

^^^

Most intellegent newbie (no offence) post I have EVER seen.