the real i need help with electronics all in one

monkey69962000

ok im setting all the electronics in my guitar.

Now here is what i need to know for the electronics for my LP.

1. What Pots to use.

2. What switch to use for the 3 way switch.

3. How to put a shield wire on a Seymour pickup so i can coil tap it.

4. What input to use.

5. Any other switches, diods, resrictors, anything i left out on the electronics; please tell me

ok im setting all the electronics in my guitar.Now here is what i need to know for the electronics for my LP.
OK, here we go! :D

1. What Pots to use.
Use 500K audio taper pots - get them from a guitar parts supplier. You will need a total of four pots. If your top is very thick, like a real LP, you'll need the 3/4" long bushing pots - if not, regular pots (1/4" or 3/8" bushing) should work fine.

2. What switch to use for the 3 way switch.
Use a Gibson style short straight toggle switch for a Les Paul - get it the same place.

3. How to put a shield wire on a Seymour pickup so i can coil tap it.
You don't - it is already part of the pickup!

4. What input to use.
I'm assuming you mean output jack - use any 1/4" mono jack that you like. Find one that fits your jackplate.

5. Any other switches, diods, resrictors, anything i left out on the electronics; please tell me
You will need two .02 or .022µF caps, one for each tone control, and two SPDT ON-OFF-ON switches for your coil taps. You will also need solder, hookup wire or shielded cable, wire strippers, and a soldering iron. That's a complete Bill Of Materials - between that and the diagrams that you've gotten over the past month or so, you shouldn't have any further questions ( but somehow I can't see that happening <ahttp://www.projectguitar.com/uploads/emoticons/default_cool.png' alt='B)'> ). You can get everything you need at Brian's site (Universal Jems), or wherever fine guitar electronics parts are sold. Print a copy of this and tape it up next to your computer, right next to the wiring diagram and the color code chart you printed out earlier (you did print copies of those, right?), so you'll have it handy for reference.

of cousre you can use a standard toggle ie mini one if you want instead of the lp switch. i use these myself and love them.. but thats up to you i like the mini switches. stay away from barrell jacks.. they suck