Translucent Laquer?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would this be possible: to have a green base coat in the metalcast, then a blue burst in the metal cast, then a black burst behind that in an opaque color then clear coat? if so what type of paint do you reccomend with the black opaque. is this the order i should do it in:

• sanding sealer
  • green base coat in metal cast
  • blue burst
  • black burst
  • clear coat
  • polish, etc.?

litch, is that the metalcast green in this picture? or is it the blue, if its the blue, do you have any sample pics for the green?

duplicolor%20001.jpg

AlGeeEater....dude you have basically asked every single possible question that could be asked in obtaining the correct products, you haven't even started yet!

I would seriously advise you to READ and READ and READ the forums and tutorials here and at reranch.com. There will be answers for 99% of your questions, and then you can come here when there is 1/2 things you need assurance with.

Litch and Drak are being extremely helpful, but it still sounds like you have NO clue whats going on, and I would HATE to see you ruin your guitar because you didn't read enough...

Good luck dude!

Let's go back to 1st grade now... primary colors... blue+yellow=. . . . . GREEN! Blue on top overlap by yellow makes green in the center... the recipie for Carrie Burst has been spread out in the open... Somebody call the NSA. CIA, FBI, The Doughnut Shop...er...Cops...

Let's go back to 1st grade now... primary colors... blue+yellow=. . . . . GREEN! Blue on top overlap by yellow makes green in the center... the recipie for Carrie Burst has been spread out in the open... Somebody call the NSA. CIA, FBI, The Doughnut Shop...er...Cops...

:D there is a green metal cast color though and if there is a smaple of that that anyone has handy, i owuld like to see it

wait when you said blue base coat, yellow in the middle to make a blue and green burst, i just realized, if i tried it the other way i was thinking about, would it turn out to be a turqouise and green burst because the blue burst on top of the green base?

No the blue and yellow will give you a yellow/green/blue burst (carrie) if you do the blue and green you will get green/whatever mix comes out, (turqouise is more than just green and blue, but you can get close to it even thought with spray will be very difficult to get a good mis, specialy with spray can *I will recomend airbrush here)/blue. See what litch did, practice on scrap as close to the wood that you will use for your guitar, and practice again, you don't want to mess up a top...

I would do some testing before go into the actual application of your color. I made sure that when I purchased my Veneer that I had extra to test my colors on, and I am happy that I did, I learned a few things about using black and sanding back, I have experimented with bursting etc.... Good Luck!

deshibs

I would do some testing before go into the actual application of your color. I made sure that when I purchased my Veneer that I had extra to test my colors on, and I am happy that I did, I learned a few things about using black and sanding back, I have experimented with bursting etc.... Good Luck!

deshibs

ya i was planning on doing that