Jump to content

question about jointers and routers


Recommended Posts

i saw a good deal on ebay for a biscuit jointer. i dont know what it is but somebody has said to me that i need one for doing the sides of my neckthru. here is the jointer. do you think this would work for preparing my guitar to be glued? also here is a trim router. would this be suitable for routing out my pickup cavities and binding ledge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you need a jointer not a biscuit jointer. I don't know about the trim router, but it sounds like it is more for trimming than routing. I would keep looking for a router or plunge router, but wait for more answers. Somone here will know more about the trim router than I.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
A biscuit jointer simply cuts aligned slots in panel edges for biscuits to facilitate glue-up. It won't actually mill the edge of a board straight like a table jointer.

like he said..... although if this is your first time doing a neck thru this can take some of the frusteration out of clamping the wings, if you have access to one give it a try but i wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.

look for a better router

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...