I would like to present what I feared, when I started out with this project, would be my 'Nemesis'.
"Could you build me a tribute to Trini Lopez's Deluxe 335-style guitar?" Jack asked. "Yes, probably!" was my answer. "In ebony." Jack continued. "Ebony? Ebony?? EBONY???"
I think you can see why I thought I may well be meeting my nemesis...
In terms of my background: this is a hobby for me; first mods around 11 years ago; first build around 10 years ago; since then I've built basses, guitars, acoustics - some for me, some for fellow band members, some commissioned builds."
Started this around 6 months ago. Spec is:
- Trini Lopez Deluxe styling
- 24.75" scale
- ES335 dimensions
- Ebony top; ebony fingerboard; walnut back and sides; mahogany/maple/walnut neck
- Mojo Wide range humbuckers
- Maestro vibrator and tonerider roller bridge
- Tru-oil slurry and buff finish (back sides and neck); micro-mesh sanding and buffing then food grade mineral oil (ebony top & fretboard)
- 8lbs 5oz playing weight
There's a full build thread here:
And here are a few photos: