This was my first "real" commission build - I sold some guitars that I built a long time ago, but never took someone else's design from the ground up and made it a reality, so this was a new experience for me. He's a big fan of PRS guitars, and his design choices obviously reflect that; it's the Custom body shape with a flat top, basically. He had a Strat with a neck he really loved, so I took some contour gauge and caliper measurements of that and duplicated the thickness and profile as closely as I could.
- 25.5" scale, 24 Jescar stainless frets, abalone position and side markers.
- Indian rosewood fretboard.
- African mahogany body.
- Curly maple top with natural faux binding.
- Curly maple one-piece neck with 2x carbon fiber reinforcement rods.
- Seymour Duncan Custom 5 and 2x Classic Stack pickups, 5-way blade, volume/tone/tone
- Gotoh tuners.
- Hipshot bridge.
Didn't get a long demo recorded or anything, but this is what it sounds like through a 1987 Mesa Mark III+