Jump to content

Leaderboard

  1. Urumiko

    Urumiko

    Patreon


    • Points

      4

    • Content Count

      136


  2. Mike T

    Mike T

    Members


    • Points

      2

    • Content Count

      16


  3. Bizman62

    Bizman62

    Veteran Member


    • Points

      2

    • Content Count

      2,663


  4. Andyjr1515

    Andyjr1515

    GOTM Winner


    • Points

      1

    • Content Count

      2,721


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/20/2019 in all areas

  1. 2 points
  2. WOW! You've tremendously improved the sound quality there! I'm not saying it's perfect but it's highly usable. Do you have some automatic recording level going on? That would explain why the bangs and scratches still are at the same level with your speech. Anyhow, the tool and workbench noise now is at an acceptable level to allow concentrating on what you're saying. What I really like is that you articulate clearly and even more important, you speak slowly enough even for us non-English speakers. Jaymes at Cwimson Guitaws is a good example of the opposite awticuwation...
    1 point
  3. Well.. i took the plunge. And rough cut the holes.. started filing one of them. Camera angle etc makes them look uneaven but they are not
    1 point
  4. All the ornaments, boards and templates are done. Start cutting the headstock angle and and neck channels next. Some foreshadowing
    1 point
  5. Titebond 2 for the headstock cap then Titebond original for the fretboard and neck pocket. Titebond 3 would be better for the cap or glueing tops to bodies, but I have a bottle of 2 so using that until it's empty.
    1 point
  6. It is easy to see my inspiration is the Paul Bigsby guitars of the 1940's. His eclectic, hands-on and one-off approach was super cool. My background was opposite as a production kitchen cabinet maker. I basically established a formula and repeated it. This build, my first as a retired dude, was a chance to take some time, be creative and riff on what has inspired me. I'm an artist, amateur musician and guitar maker and do this for my own enjoyment in my garage/workshop. The guitar body is 1 1/2" poplar with 1/4" maple, oak and mahogany pieces laminated to the back. The neck i
    1 point
  7. That was a tough one! My logical thinking would say to put the longer stretch to the wider part of the body but looking at the different lines on top of each other both look good enough. As the camera angle may twist the view somewhat it's tough to tell which one looks better. Cut a pair of Acme® moveable f-holes out of black cardboard or black masking tape and attach them to the right place. Take a photo featuring all potential locations and put them side by side for evaluating.
    1 point
  8. Latest vid is up. Could do with some feedback on layout before i commit.
    1 point
  9. I used the cut-out middle of the rosette as the template for drilling the two holes in the top: Then being careful to allow for the cutter width, cut the outer and inner edges of the rosette channel: Next, I routed out the bit in the middle, and then went a bit mad with the purfling channels! The Swift is just a paper template. I will inlay one there and then scrape/sand everything flush. And then I can start adding the braces to the top
    1 point
  10. I cleaned up the routing with my dremel tool and layed in the veener. I've not done that before and it was fun. I think it came out awesome and exactly what I was looking for.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...