Jump to content

Leaderboard

  1. Jolly

    Jolly

    Members


    • Points

      3

    • Content Count

      35


  2. westhemann

    westhemann

    Moderator


    • Points

      2

    • Content Count

      17,739


  3. gpcustomguitars

    gpcustomguitars

    Established Member


    • Points

      1

    • Content Count

      757


  4. komodo

    komodo

    GOTY Winner


    • Points

      1

    • Content Count

      1,390


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/05/2020 in all areas

  1. With it this close to playable I couldn't help but install the tuners and throw some strings on it. I have a lot of setup issues to start chasing down so it currently plays like garbage but... I obviously had to plug it in to get a feel for how it sounds! My prototype amp was being finicky so I started by plugin into my 5W Kustom Defender tube head. It confirmed my wiring was good but started uncontrollably squealing with any more than 1 - 1.5 on the volume knob. I moved back to my 12V amp and did a little bit of debugging to get it functioning again. The results.... Surprisingly good! The wat
    2 points
  2. I paid off everything around 2012 or so? I no longer buy on credit. Ever. Sometimes it can be tempting to buy a thing, but I never want to live upside down again.
    2 points
  3. PayPal also acts an an excellent layer of protection. I recently made a "purchase" from DustDeal.fi (which exist under a number of different sites along those lines) for some Festool CTL-SYS bags. They aren't even selling genuine items and besides, they never arrived. PayPal soon reversed that payment. It pays to know the terms of buyer protection before getting your feet wet. The bottom line is that if a seller doesn't used a tracked shipping service, you need some level of protection against fuckery. I'm thinking of selling my Festool CTL-SYS extractor anyway. I upgraded to a CT-26 to s
    1 point
  4. Here's a rasp I made out of an old bandsaw blade. SR
    1 point
  5. I split the body back into three pieces to do some general deburring and cleanup using a razor blade and sandpaper. After that I put the top on and finished the neck pocket taper using chisels and sandpaper. I had to put the back on to screw in the neck or else the screws would have been too long but luckily, similar to the mill set up, the top is still removable with the neck in place. With the top off I screwed on the speaker, bride, and control plate. The screws that came with the bridge were too long for the plywood and I wasn't confident they'd hold so I added a piece of scrap pine as a
    1 point
  6. I've had a credit card for several decades. One of the main uses is PayPal which I use for online shopping and Patreon. Most often the monthly bills fall below the part payment limit but I've always paid the entire debt at once. As @Prostheta said, it's good for insurance. For me it's a tool to pay when debiting my bank account isn't a safe or valid option.
    1 point
  7. Good idea for a thread! Here's a few of mine. Fret end beveling file made from an old fine cut file with the last quarter and handle cut off with the grinder. The angled handle contraption that keeps the file at a fixed angle of 30 degrees off vertical is made up of several pieces of timber and a few offcuts from a 60 degree profile strip commonly used to add decorative tapers to windowframes. Pretty sure I bought the file from the local recycling depot for about a dollar. Stewmac version will set me back about $80: End view perhaps illustrates best how all the various timber p
    1 point
  8. I see a lot of guys using their machine to make a new machine... apparently the spindle I have is capable of doing aluminum and other light metals. I imagine eventually I'm going to have to learn more about replacing/upgrading the mechanical structure so... if you do and upgrade and are so inclined... would love to see pics.
    1 point
  9. One of the pipes I made ebonizing to get the contrast....
    1 point
  10. We had a relatively warm winter's day yesterday, so I had some shop time. First, routed out the shape of the headstock. I thought I'll sand out the shape of the tip, but finished it all with a router with no problems. I left the small edge to be removed with the modeler's saw, and thicknesses the headstock to 15.5mm. The pattern bit has been with me for some time now, so I had to sand out some burn marks... I've chiseled the volute slope, and sanded the transition with some #80. and this is where I'm at now. I'll start scoring the fret slots now, and have to make a run to m
    1 point
  11. Well I think this one is done as well. I’ve installed brass inserts in the pup cavities for these bolts, oiled and waxed the neck, etc. I put on some Hipshot tuners cause the Sperzels were breaking strings (3 at once!). I’ve filed the post holes a bit, but these have a better gear ratio. They are also 3 ounces heavier and cause a little neck dive when sitting. I’ll see if a strap changes anything. I cut a fourth (!) pickguard, and crap if I didn’t get the neck opening off, plus a tiny nick. But the rest looks so good I guess I’ll do it again. But not today lol. There are no side dots
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...